South Lodge

Around 1835-44, Aperfield Court was rebuilt and a new southern approach road to the manor house was constructed, with a pair of tall iron entrance gates on the Main Road about fifty yards to the Westerham side of the present junction with Aperfield Road. At this entrance was built South Lodge. The manor house can be seen in the distance between the lodge and the gates. The manor house was demolished soon after the First World War.

John Nelson

Tony Lewis