Glovers Close / Norheads Farm 1

This is the farmyard of Norheads Farm, known in much earlier times as Norwoods, Norrods or Norrads. It is a farm with many historic connections standing at the top of the hill on the far side of Biggin Hill valley. The splendid Georgian farmhouse, the corner of which can be seen to the right of the picture, was built by John Glover in 1715. It still has affixed to it the Fire Marks of the Phoenix and Royal Exchange Assurance Companies.

Recently the whole farm has been redeveloped. Most of the farm buildings have gone but the beautiful farmhouse has been restored to it's former glory and turned into housing.

John Nelson

Tony Lewis 2000

Tony Lewis 2010