Cherry lodge LANDFILL Action Group
For an update of how the works are progressing, go directly
to the CLAG log. Click on the link below.
If you want details of the works go to the main website
For details of 'SAVE THE GREEN BELT' click
11th December 2012
It is with regret that I have to announce that we have lost our fight as Cherry Lodge have won their appeal.
Biggin Hill, and surrounding areas, now look forward to up to 3 years of chaos.
Thank you Planning Inspector.
|We fully support Cherry
Lodge Golf Club’s use of green belt land and their wish to develop the
course to secure its long-term future.
We are against:
• Cherry Lodge Golf Course being used as a landfill site.
• 140 lorry movements a day coming up and down, and on and off Main Road for a period of at least 18 months. This means there will be a 33-ton truck coming along Main Road every 3 minutes.
• The congestion on the highway, which these lorry movements will cause to the community.
• Irrevocable damage to green belt land and protected hedgerows, which the development works will cause.
• The potential failure of local businesses, which will result from the works.
• The noise and air pollution that will be generated during this development.
• The destruction of public rights of way that will result.
Please click on the logo to enter the site.